Are you a club President or a Committee Member? Ever wonder what your legal obligations are as a member of the committee? Do you know how to revise your club Constitution? Do you know whether your club can accept proxy votes at the club AGM?
If you have ever wondered about these things, or simply to learn more about club administration, an information sheet has been created to help you! Click here for the info sheet.
AusDBF updated the rules for competition racing in March 2012. Unfortunately, the new version of the rules have yet to be updated on the AusDBF website. DBWA has provided them below.
AusDBF Competition Regulations and Rules of Racing – 08 March 2012
AusDBF Competition Regulations and Rules of Racing (superseded) – 25 April 2011
The most significant changes are to the 2,000 m race. Sweeps are strongly encouraged to read the 2,000 m race regulations in full as there are too many changes to list here – see ‘R10. Racing Rules for 2000 metre Dragon Boat Races’ (pages 41 – 44). One key change that all sweeps must be aware is:
- section R10.3 (g) – crews cannot overtake once they have passed the 50m buoys going into the turns and all crews must hold their position around the turns; failure to ‘hold your station’ will receive an automatic time penalty of twenty (20) seconds.
Other changes include:
- section 13.4 – increase in the size of bum mat permitted (increase from dimensions of 12.5 cm x 33 cm to an allowable 20 cm x 40 cm);
- section 7.11 (c) – clarification of State vs State points tally, specifying that if a State enters two teams in the same category and division, then only the crew with the highest placing will be awarded points;
- section 7.11 (d) – revisions to point scoring for Club vs Club racing (please view the regulations for more information);
- section 7.12 – qualification for the IDBF Club Crew World Championships has been simplified