Race results for the first regatta of the 2018-19 season.
A reminder to mark your calendar! The 2018-2019 regatta dates are as follows:
- Regatta #1 – 11 November 2018
- Regatta #2 – 9 December 2018
- Regatta #3 – 13 January 2019
- Regatta #4 – 17 February 2019
The State Championship dates are:
- State Championships Day 1 – 17 March 2019
- State Championships Day 2 – 24 March 2019
The 2018 DBWA Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held at the Swan Yacht Club on Wednesday 12 September 2018.
- Lodgement of proxies from 6:15-6:45pm
- Meeting to open 7:00pm
- map of location of Swan Yacht Club, Riverside Road, Fremantle: See the location of this club on a map
Documents for AGM :
The Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO) is the first point of call within DBWA for any enquiries, concerns or complaints about harassment and abuse.
For description of the role of the MPIO and how they may provide information about the correct processes to deal with matters of concern, please see the following document:
Additional information, including the National Member Protection Policy and the Code of Conduct, is available on the AusDBF website.
The Perth Pirates are hosting their annual Claisebrook Challenge marathon event on 9 September 2018. See the following brochure for more information.
Congratulations to all clubs and paddlers who competed at this year’s State Championships.
Thank you to the multitude of people who volunteer their time throughout the year both at regattas and in preparation for regattas. This includes all of those who participate with finishing tower timing, marshalling, race starts, rescue boat, boat handling and other tasks, as well as coaches, team managers, people who have towed boats to the regattas, set up toggles, lifted boats onto trailers, ran the sausage sizzles, arranged raffle prizes, put up and took down tents, collected fees, paid fees, worked on club committees, and everyone else who has participated in their various ways to contribute to the DBWA regattas and our sport! If anyone has been missed, it is not intentional — THANK YOU EVERYONE!
Results for Day 2 of the State Championships:
Congratulations to everyone who participated at the State Championships! Great work by all teams getting through marshalling and up to the start line quickly – thank you!
Results, in various formats, are as below:
- State Championship – Day 1, 200m – medal standings – 18 Mar 2018 (results of medals won)
- State Championship – Day 1, 200m – overall standings – 18 Mar 2018 (overall results, ranked in order of finish)
- State Championship 2018 Day 1 – 2000m – 18 Mar 2018 (2000m race times)
- State Championship 2018 Day 1 – 200m 10s & 20s – 18 Mar 2018 (200m 10s and 20s race times)
Some great racing occurred in regatta #4! All the crews look stronger than they did at the start of the year — good work to all the club coaches who have been training everyone throughout the year, and to all the paddlers who have been working hard to do what their coaches ask of them!
Congratulations to all members of the 2017-18 State Team! The team will be competing at the 2018 Australian National Championships at Lake Kawana in Queensland.
A big congratulations too, to our flag bearer, Maureen (Mo) Cowdell. Mo is a very active member of the Denmark Dragon Boat Club and a valued paddler and sweep. See below for a photograph of Mo.
Members of the State Team are listed below, as is a photo.
WA State Team 2017-18
Maureen (Mo) Cowdell
WA State Team 2017-18
|Ann Maree||Crook||Fremantle Swan|
|Lexi (Alexandra)||Latto||Fremantle Swan|